Registering with the Surgery

Our practice list is open and we are accepting new patients that live in our practice catchment area.

Practice Catchment Area

Allocated GP

All patients registered with our Practice have a named allocated GP. If you are unsure who your allocated GP is, please contact reception who will be able to tell you.

Registering as a Permanent Patient

If you would like to register with our practice please bring 2 forms of ID to the surgery, e.g medical card/utility bill/passport/driving license/letter with home address. It is not usual for children to need to do this (as if they have health needs they should see the GP).

I do not have my Medical Card?

If you do not have your medical card, you will need to complete form GMS1, you can do this when you visit, or download* a copy and bring the completed form with you.

Health Questionnaire

To help us with the registration process please download* and complete a health questionnaire.

On registering with the practice

You are asked to see a Practice Nurse within the first month of joining the practice to receive a medical check-up, blood pressure, etc, and are offered relevant advice on any aspect of your health.

* Available for download from the forms section on this page

The 'Usual Doctor' System

All patients, including children, are allocated a named, accountable GP who is responsible for their overall care at the practice.  This is referred to as your 'Usual Doctor'.  You should be informed of your Usual Doctor when you register, but you can also check who this is with any member of staff at any time.  We encourage you to see your Usual Doctor where possible, particularly for ongoing problems, so we can provide you with better continuity of care.  If he/she is fully booked, you can ask for another doctor.  We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to change Usual Doctor.

Temporary Residents

The Doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the Practice area (see map above) should medical advice be required. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.

To register you will need to complete our Temporary Resident Registration form (GMS3) which is available from reception, or can be downloaded from the forms section on this page.

Non-English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:

Registration Forms

Permanent Patient Registration Form (GMS 1)
Temporary Resident Registration form (GMS 3)

Health Questionnaires

Health Questionnaire (Adult)
Health Questionnaire (Child)